Speed up your Website and Increase Sales
Site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests and site speed is more important than ever.
Speeding up websites is important to all Internet users, not only to the site owners.
Page Speed is a critical component in the digital user experience and for ecommerce sites every second matters. 1 of 4 customers will abandon a Cart if the load time is more than 4 seconds.
Research shows that a 1-second delay in page load time yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
Amazon increased revenue of 1% for every 100 milliseconds improvement to their site speed.
Google Analytics now includes statistics like Page Load Time, Lookup, and Page Size as important aspects so you can also check speed of your pages in Google Analytics.
3 Reasons to improve your pagespeed.
- Faster sites create happy users and visitors spend less time on pages that loads slowly.
- A faster site will increase your conversions.
- Better rankings in the search results = Google love.
The culprit for a large site is often large images or a slow host. There are many tools that can help you check your site speed and identify your bottlenecks. We love Pingdom as it shows you which files/paths and requests that are slowing down the load time.
Google Pagespeed Insights is also a great free tool to check Site speed. You can check and compare how your site loads on mobile and a computer
A third alternative is Yslow who analyzes web pages based on Yahoo!’s rules for high performace web sites
Add your domain to any of these sites and check the results.
What is a good result?
- Under 1 second is excellent and faster than 94% of the websites
- Under 2 seconds is good and faster than approx 70% of the web.
- +5 seconds requires action and your page is only faster than 25% of the web.
Here are 4 tools you can use to check your site speed
- Pingdom Tools – http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
- Google Pagespeed Insights https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
Subscribe to our Weekly Reviews!
Signup and get our latest E-commerce Review every week